Art and Homeschool Conversation
Hi Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I did. Are you ready for summer?
I imagine that most homeschool families are taking a break from school right about now. Am I right? So what are you going to do for the summer? Do you have travel plans or any projects you are going to work on? Do you know what you are teaching next school year? Have you made preparations?
My daughter and her family are getting ready for the Grimes County Fair. Her children compete in several animal projects, art, photography, and food competitions. They also will be riding in the Sheriff’s Mounted Posse two nights at the local rodeo. So, it will be a busy start for the summer for them. I know that once the county fair is over then my daughter will be able to focus more on her homeschool curriculum needs for next year.
I am brainstorming ways to make Art For Homeschool a better resource for homeschool parents and students. I need your input and help.
I have had some requests from homeschool parents about making the site have another membership area separate from my art lessons on video. There have been a few ideas thrown around. I am open to listening to all ideas. I would like to hear from more homeschool parents. Will you let me pick your brains? It won’t hurt. I promise!
Here are some questions I would love to get responses to:
- Does a membership site with access to art lessons, critiques by the teacher (me) on a monthly basis, and more personal contact sound like something you would be interested in?
- How can I make this site fit your homeschool art needs?
- As a homeschool parent what would you like to see offered here?
- What are you looking for in an art program for your child or children?
- What would you like me to write or teach about?
- Would you like the opportunity to have a teacher look at your child’s artwork and give a critique?
- Would you like weekly, bimonthly, or monthly art lessons?
- Would you be willing to pay a membership fee to have access to all of the above?
- Would you be willing to help get sponsors, awards, and judges for the Art For Homeschool Online Art Show?
Maybe I haven’t asked the right questions. If I haven’t, then don’t hesitate to bring up whatever you would like to address. I want you to feel comfortable making suggestions. My goal is to make this site a safe art community for homeschool parents and students.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or make comments here on this post.