Entries for the August 2011 Art For Homeschool Art Show
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great summer. I have been out of town most of the summer traveling with my husband. We spent over a month RV-ing which is a new experience for both of us. We traveled over 7400 miles which included 11 States. It was fun and exciting, but I have to say that I am now glad to be home. Although coming back to Texas after spending time in the coolness of Oregon and Washington takes a little getting used to. We are in a very severe drought with temperatures in the triple digits almost every day. So, prayers for rain and cooler temperatures would be greatly appreciated.
Okay, so let’s get to the art show….
We have 19 art entries created by 13 students plus one entry by a homeschool parent. Thank you, Tricia! Our AFH Student group has grown to 20 families. That is awesome! Some of the show entries are from some of our new members. Welcome new group members! We are so glad to have you participate in this online art show.
The art entries are very diverse in media and subject matter. Entries include photography, pencil, pastels, pen and ink, crayon, and mixed media. The subject matter ranges from portraits, still life, and landscapes. Once again there will be a People’s Choice Award.
- Look at the art work. Click on the thumbnails to get a full view of the work.
- Choose your favorite piece. You get to vote for one only. I will not count votes for people that vote more than once. (I hope you will actually look at each and every piece of art work. We don’t want this to become a popularity contest.)
- Make a comment at the end of this post with the title of the artwork and the name of the artist that you feel deserves the award.
- Tell others to come see the art show.
- Come back to this site on August 15th to see the awards given by age group.
You can also go to the AFH Student Group to make comments on individual art work that will go directly to the artists. I think our students would really enjoy hearing from you. Enjoy viewing the work! See you August 15th.
Voting for People’s Choice will close midnight CDT, August 14th.